Thursday, November 3, 2011

HAWAII'S STORY BY HAWAII'S QUEEN



"But I was destined to grow up away from the house of my parents. Immediately after my birth I was wrapped in the finest soft tapa cloth, and taken to the house of another chief, by whom I was adopted."

This quote from the first chapter stood out in regards to the context used when describing her memories at birth. Using descriptive words such as "finest soft tapa cloth" indicates foreshadowing relating to future wealth and royalty to be obtained and this idea of importance incurred before even declared. However, the overall language starting from "but i was destined to grow up away.." to the end "by whom I was adopted" encodes this message of higher significance and a clear stated sign of dominance, which sends the message across to the reader the idea of the "I wear the pants"concept, that she is a person of self-diligence and leadership abilities, as well as becoming future leader and acquiring nothing but the best either for her or for the best of the future of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment