Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Journal #15 Response to Sera De Vilder

In reading your response to what you would carry, I was able to relate to you in saying the same exact thing. Like you said, carrying photos of your family and friends would really help you get through the thought of war and really understand why you are there and who you are fighting for. What I thought was interesting that you brought up was also carrying a diary. I thought that this was interesting that you brought this up because in reading this story, this probably would've been a great thing for the soldiers to carry with them to express their emotions. I think a diary would've been helpful for me if i were to carry something just because it would be away to not only let out my emotions but something that if i were to still be alive, share it with my family so they could realize the sacrifice i made for them and the country as a whole. However, what I could not agree with you more on was carrying your faith along with you. As a catholic as well, I have always believed that having faith and hope will get you through some difficult times. I feel that this is something very important to carry along with you just because if you don't have faith in God and his angels, you wont have faith in yourself. I know from my dad's experience he told me that he had his pennant with him everyday and prayed everyday to help him get though the war. He said that if he probably didn't have faith in god, he probably wouldn't be here today. I feel like everyone in the war had to have some religious faith to get them though what they were going through, especially all the death and hardache they witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment